Followers of Loubys Life

Search This Blog

Please Leave A Comment, It Makes My Day!

Thanks for looking.

Tuesday 12 August 2008

Signing Off For A Few Weeks

Well I've been busy packing to go away but I have managed to do 1 challenge before I go. I had a go at the Penny Black Saturday Challenge which my daughter Chloe was lucky enough to win last week and I can confirm that the Tinker & Co, Gingerbread cookies download she won is delightful. (mmm need more printer ink!!!!)


This week the challenge was to use the sketch below to create a card as long as you include at least 1 Penny Black image. I decided to do another Christmas card to add to my box. I stamped the little mouse and water coloured him in. The backing papers are all DCWV. I punched snowflakes from metal foil and added ribbon from stash.

Just a reminder, if you haven't already joined Katharina's Blog candy give away, you still have time to join in. Katharina is celebrating 100,000 hits (wow) by giving away a set of Elisabeth Bell Guardian Angels plus another identical set so you can host your own blog candy giveaway. Click on the link above for more details of what to do. You have until 8pm on the 16th of August to enter.

Sorry this is just a quick post as I've still got lots to do ( don't want OH to be able to say that great line -"didn't YOU pack that" AAhhhhhh!

Will be AWOL for a few weeks until I catch up on the holiday washing when we get back and get little one settled into primary school but I'm sure the loft will be calling me - in fact I'm sure I can here the ink pads shouting my name even now.LOL.

Enjoy the rest of the summer and see you all soon.

8 comments:

Lainy's Little Blog said...

Gorgeous card. Love the sentiment you have used and the image is so sweet.

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Louby! I love that little mouse and your colouring is beautiful. I hope you have a fantastic holiday and manage to get everything done in time. Talk when you get back. Hugs, Chris x

Kim Dellow said...

Love your card Louby and love your blog banner. Kimx

tracie said...

gorgeous card Louby, the papers are fab and love the cute image, great sentiment too. Thanks for joining us this week :)x
Enjoy your hols

ella bella said...

fabulous card i love the papers and the image is so sweet. blue is def my fav when it comes to christmas cards.
Have a lovely holiday
thanks for joining this weeks PBSC
Tracy x

Kath Stewart said...

gorgeous card for the challenge - love that cute image and I love the blue colourway - thank you for joining us at PBSC this week and have a great holiday
Kath
xxxxx

Beth said...

Awww, this is so cute and pretty! I love the image and the papers, gorgeous! Thanks for joining in!

Aija said...

Wow, I like this card very much. You have coloured the image so nicely with soft tones.
Layout is also brilliant, well done.
BTW linking is ok, thank you for visiting on my blog :)
Aija

Powered By Blogger